No Turn On Red

No Turn On Red

Monday, July 31, 2017

Trails & Trees - Part 1 - Pittsburgh

Friday, 28 July 2017

We started our “Trees & Trails” adventure with family time in Pittsburgh - today is Amos’ 2nd birthday. So we started with a morning trip to the Phipps Conservatory.

The current show at Phipps is an installation of large glass flowers by Jason Gamrath. I didn’t find it as interesting as a Chihuly glass installation from a few years back (2007, see last photo below), but it is still stunning workmanship and artistry.
Huge glass Sarracenia pitcher plants could be found throughout the conservatory.
Glass and real Sarracenia.
I really liked the pattern on the horizontal trunk of this Lacy Tree Philodendron (Philodendron bipinnatifidum).
Maria and Amos on the bridge in the Japanese garden.
And finally, one of my photos from the 2007 Chihuly exhibit at Phipps that I use as one of my desktop images.


No comments:

Post a Comment